Thursday, March 29, 2012

 In 2010, we had to clean out my MIL's house to sell it. She has Alzheimer's and had to move into an assisted living facility. In the process of cleaning, I got her old Singer 301a sewing machine. I held on to it for a year trying to decide what to do with it. She was a very talented quilter and seamstress. She sewed all kinds of things for my two daughters from bean bags to pants. She sewed many Hawaiian quilts. She made us a queen sized Hawaiian quilt for our wedding present and it is on our bed to this day.

Since my FIL passed away, she stopped quilting and has not sewn an inch. I don't know how long her sewing machine was just sitting there and I did not try it to see if it worked.

I ended up trading in her machine and all it's many attachments for a Janome. I probably could have gotten more if I donated it and wrote it off on my taxes, but...oh well. I'm satisfied, Singers are not my favorite brand of machine. I'd be very sad if my Bernina ever died.







No comments: