Thursday, April 23, 2009

Turning Twenty Quilt and Sweet Potato Plants

During the break I took a class at Bernina where I learned how to make a Turning Twenty Quilt. It was so fast and fun! I used fabric from my stash. I didn't realize that I had that much fabric! For those of you who don't know this quilt is called Turning Twenty because it uses twenty fat quarters. I didn't have enough fat quarters so I used half-yards. I thought it turned out pretty nice. All I need to do is put a 6-1/2 inch border around the edge, then get the backing together and get it quilted. I can't quilt it myself because my machine is too small and this quilt is so huge! I will post about it again later. Hopefully I can get a picture of the whole thing when it's completed.

I don't know if you recognize the white printed fabric. That's the fabric I won in Bee Square's giveaway in January. Thank you Diane!

The sweet potato plants are growing very well, as you can see. I've started harvesting the leaves and cooking them. They are very nutritious. Apparently, they help lower cholesterol and are high in leutin.

I'll post the recipe I used another time.

No comments: