Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter and Quilting

Happy Easter! I meant to update this sooner, but I got busy with other things. I can't remember what things...but other things.

At church today we had our Easter Cantata. We've been practicing for weeks. It was called, In The Presence of Jehovah: An Easter Celebration. After church, we went to eat lunch at my parent's house. I made some gf brownies for tha
t, along with some other food. Yum!

Anyway, d
uring the break, I took another quilting class at Bernina. It was a two-day class. I borrowed a machine because I didn't want to lug in my machine. I love my machine, but due to problems with my neck and back, I am not able to lift heavy things. My sewing machine is h-e-a-v-y.

So, for the first class, they set up a machine for me to use and they put a quarter-inch foot (Bernina #57) with a guide on it. It was so wonderful that I had to get one for me to use on my machine at home. It was worth it! It inspired me to work on my japanese buzzsaw quilt. As you can see I finished sewing the blocks together and am now working on the borders. There are three borders for this quilt. I took this to my second class and the instructor helped me with it.

Oh, the class was for a Turning Twenty Quilt and I spent the majority of the first class cutting my fabric. I will put up pictures of that quilt in another post. Hope you had a blessed Easter!

No comments: