Thursday, November 15, 2012

Totoro, Skele-Monkeys and A Puppy


I'm finally posting about this. I made this during the summer for my nephew who was born at the end or August. His parents really like Totoro, so I thought this would be cute. I found this pattern on the internet here. Normally, Totoro is gray, but I thought I would make him in baby blue and white for a little boy. Totoro came out pretty cute. 

For those of you who don't know who Totoro is, according to the Urban Dictionary, Totoro is: 

A forest spirit that is only visible to children. They are associated with Camphor trees and have the ability to play the ocarina. They hang around with Catbus.
I also made a flannel receiving blanket. I bought the fabric from Fabric Depot on a recent trip to Oregon. Loved the store and want need to go back. The fabric has skele-monkeys and it is so cute.
I'll leave you with this thought that I found on this card. It says,"Cast your cares upon the Lord and he will sustain you". I thought it was so cute, yet so true.