Monday, May 31, 2010

Samples


This is a photo of a sample bag I made for a few students in my class.. Of course, my words came out sideways because I wasn't paying attention to they way I cut the fabric, but being that it was just a sample, it didn't matter. This was the first time I ever put a zipper on a tote bag. The hardest part was getting it to match on both sides of the flanges. I got the pattern from an old issue of Sew Simple Magazine, then I adapted it a bit by adding lining and securing the straps better.

I also experimented with yoyos. Don't know what I'll do with those in the photo or if I'll make any more. I'd like to attach them to hair clips, but I don't know where to get the hair clips.

I liked the bag so much that I made one for my mom for Mother's Day. I liked the size, and it came together pretty quickly.

9 comments:

K and S said...

very nice! I usually buy hair clips from Longs

Suze said...

Thanks Kat,
Have you made these before? Longs didn't have the plain metal ones. Any other places I should check?

K and S said...

you want some long ones? I have some which I can give you. Maybe I should send you a photo if you are interested.

Suze said...

What do they look like? I was looking a the triangular ones like these. http://images02.olx.com/ui/1/74/55/4776955_1.jpg

K and S said...

sorry they look like this. http://img.alibaba.com/photo/51277927/Hair_Clip.jpg except without the beads on it.

Suze said...

Do you think that would work? Maybe when you come home we can see how it would look. What do you think? Do you need them?

K and S said...

I don't need them. I'll look through my beading stuff and if I find something that may work, I'll give them to you.

Suze said...

Okay, thanks. : )

Suze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.