Wednesday, September 28, 2011

CPK/Summer 2011

During the summer, I heard that CPK had gluten free items on their menu, so one day when we were at Ala Moana, I had to try the food there. This was their Waldorf Salad, a half-order, without nuts and cheese. I had the dressing on the side, of course. It tasted good, but it wasn't very filling and I got hungry a few hours after eating it. It was also pretty expensive. I would have tried the pizza, but I couldn't eat the whole pie by myself.
I recently heard that CPK removed their gluten free pizza from the menu due to cross-contamination issues. It's a good thing I didn't order the pizza. I don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon.

The next picture is of how the summer went for both DDs. It was the summer of removing wisdom teeth. Ouch!

I also discovered gluten free pizza at Down to Earth. It is the best gluten free pizza I've eaten. It soon became my weekly treat. I've had to stop this recently. I will explain about it in another post.


 I saw this quilt at the Hawaii Women's Expo. I almost ordered the kit for it, like I could make it (haha). I think my skills are not that well developed yet to make something like this...one day...one can dream right?

The last picture is of a big green lizard. It looks like it is a good six inches. I don't know what kind it is. This particular lizard lives at my voice teacher's house in Manoa. If you know what kind of lizard it is, please tell me. I would like to know.

No comments: