Saturday, September 5, 2009

GF Brownies and Fabric

I made these brownies for a potluck dinner following the instructions on the box. Mistake! It was so oily! Yuk! I didn't care for it being so greasy. I think I need to substitute something for the oil next time...applesauce maybe. I think I like Pamela's better.

I went to a garage sale and got these fabrics for $3. I just washed them and the purple one had about 1 1/2 - 2 yards in the bag! It was a great deal. The red one didn't have a price on it and it was about a yard. The blue one had about 1/4 yard and the colorful one had 6 " wide strips of fabric in it. I'd say that it was a good deal!

4 comments:

K and S said...

ooh that sounds gross, I wonder if you could sub applesauce (sorry don't know if this is gluten free) or something instead of the oil.

Suze said...

I'll check on the applesauce and yes, applesauce is gluten free. :) I've done it before for the Pamela's brand...hopefully it will work...if I ever buy this brand again. lol.

K and S said...

I know, if something goes wrong with a mix, I usually give up on it and never go back to it :) you should look into gluten free ingredients to make it from scratch.

Suze said...

Thanks, Kat, I will try looking for a recipe...not sure how the proportions go. The only thing I've made from scratch is the bread in my bread machine and some muffins...how can you go wrong with muffins. lol. Gluten free baking can be a bit tricky...even getting the ingredients is a bit difficult so it may take a while before I attempt some brownies from scratch...just saw a gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe by Alton Brown on the food network...I may want to try that first. :)