Thursday, August 28, 2008

Greenhouse Frog



I don't know how well you can see the little frog in the jar, but that is what hopped into our house. We captured it last night. It is a greenhouse frog. I called the Department of Agriculture's Pest Hotline and that is what they told me it was. It is not poisonous, but it is an alien species and a pest. It makes a chirpping noise like a bird. Our neighbors have birds who make lots of noise, so I was unaware that we had these in our neighborhood. The man who took my call told me not to be nice because it looks so cute. He said I would regret it later when it multiplied and kept me up at night.

I spoke to some people I work with to find out who to call and some of them told me that they have lots of these around their neighborhood.

Oh, the man who took my call told me to kill it. He said to put the jar in the freezer, then throw the jar away.

One hopped into the house about five days ago, but I chased it out by spraying a vinegar and water solution at it. It left the way it came in, I think. I didn't actually see it come in, but it squeezed out through a space under our screen door.
I told my neighbor about it and he told me that I would have to catch it. Well, we caught this one...I wonder how many more we have around our house. I hope not too many and I hope they don't venture in any more. If they do, at least I know what to do with them.

2 comments:

aly520 said...

I really liked the photos. I really need your help. I have this advice coloum and I am trying to get the word out about it. Visit me at www.itsaly.blogspot.com. I am doing a contest and to found out more visit. O and I can not forget the fashoin homweork and boy advice too! I will even answer your own quesrions too! There is a new quiz every day too!

Suze said...

aly 520,Hi, sorry, I just read your comment. Glad you like the photos. I will check out your site. Thanks. Suze