Monday, June 16, 2008

Craft Blog





I have been wanting to start a blog for some time and finally decided to do it. I may not be able to post on a daily basis, but will try to do so as often as I can. I have been making leis for quite some time now and have recently started sewing again.

I started sewing during elementary school when my mother would enroll me in sewing lessons during the summers. I decided that I disliked it because each summer I would have a different teacher, who would teach me yet another way to do a zipper. It was so confusing.

Later, I went to college and majored in Home Economics where I needed to sew items for class. Needless to say, I discovered Vikings and Berninas, which I liked much better than the Singer that my mom had at home. I ended up purchasing a Bernina, which I love and still use. I stopped sewing when the children were born, then recently took it up again because I had to teach sewing classes for school.


This blog is just a way for me to journal about my recent sewing or craft projects. These are a few of the projects I have already made.

No comments: