Saturday, October 11, 2014

Door Prizes, Rainbows, and Japan

 It's been a while since I've posted. The left is a picture of a half yard of fabric I won at one of the Bernina Club meetings that I attended.

The one on the right is a picture of a fat quarter that I got during an exchange at a club meeting. Each person who wanted to participate, needed to bring a fat quarter. Then we passed them down to the person on our left. We were supposed to make something with it, but I still have not used either of the fabrics pictured. Since I have gone back to working full time, I have not had the time or energy to sew much. Sigh.
 This is a picture of a double rainbow that we saw on the way to church one Sunday.
 We just got back from Japan. This photo was taken the night we arrived. We needed to catch the bus from Narita to our hotel in Kawagoe.

 The next day we went to Harajuku in the rain. It was the day before Typhoon Phanfone hit and we got very soaked. My jeans were dripping wet. I also ended up buying a new umbrella because I was having trouble fitting my old fat umbrella into the plastics provided by the stores. Each store provides these skinny plastic bags to put your wet umbrella in so that your umbrella doesn't drip water all over the floor inside the store. Each time you go in, you close your umbrella and put it in the plastic bag. When you leave you put the plastic bag into the container provided by the store. We used lots of plastic bags that day. The rain was coming down non-stop.
After Harajuku, we went to Shibuya to see the statue of Hachiko, where it was still raining. We ate lunch in Shibuya at Tenka Sushi. It was nice to warm up with a hot drink and get out of the rain. As we were leaving, we discovered that they were having a lunch time special, 100 yen for each plate of sushi! That made lunch even better!
Back at Kawagoe station, we did some exploring. This display came on a 3 pm. My daughter thinks it comes on a 3 pm daily. Anyway, there is music with drums, a float and dolls about the Kawagoe festival.

I'll post more in another post.

No comments: